So on Sunday the motor was in and the headers on and everything was looking good until I tried to turn the crank. It would not move. I figured it was the torque converter (TC) not being seated and started to pull the motor again. So, I had to pull the headers, the distributor, and put the hoist on the motor again. I started the trans bolts coming out and as I loosened the bolts the motor was being pressed forward so yeah, it was the TC causing the problems.

 

 

Got the motor on the stand and the motor turns with the break over on the crank bolt.  I went ahead and set the lash and called it a day.

This entry was posted in Engine.