So after pulling the motor, putting the motor back in and pulling it again, I finally got the torque converter to seat properly.

After having set the valve lash I also went ahead and sealed up the valve covers with the gasket.

 

 

 

 

 

I got the motor back in and installed the headers and down pipes. I then put the break over on the crank bolt and pressed my finger up to plug hole number one and gave the crank a turn.   I think I found the compression stroke for number one cylinder.

 

 

 

 

After finding the number one compression stroke I stabbed the distributor with the rotor pointed to number one.

 

I also bolted the TC to the flywheel and put the TC cover in place but there are no photos of that.  There is nothing pretty down there but it is a task that had to be done.

 

 

This entry was posted in Engine.