It seems that every time I get something done I have to un-do it.  This time it was the engine and exhaust being installed.  I figured out that the engine front assembly was not going to work.  I am going to have to get something else.  In measuring it I figured out that I was going to have to move the engine back a half inch.

 

 

So I had to pull the motors and transmission this weekend. I actually started it last weekend but it took longer than I expected.  I had not really thought about how far along I was when I started it.  There were the wires and exhaust and everything else that had to be pulled first.

But I got it all out and sitting on the floor Saturday.  Now I am going to pull the transmission off and get the engine on the stand.

 

 

 

Since the engine was out of the way I went ahead and drilled the rest of the holes in the firewall and riveted it all the way in.

At least until I broke the drill bit!   Sigh…  Last one I had of that size too. I’ll have to stop and buy a new one tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

While I was at it, I also pulled the exhaust from under the car. This will allow me to wrap the mufflers and the exhaust pipes.  I got the heat wraps for Christmas last month.  It should keep most of the heat out of the car.

This entry was posted in Engine.